'Wieliczka' Salt Mine
UNESCO World Heritage Site *** Corridors, Saline Lakes, Excuisit chambers and chapels - including The Chapel of St.Kinga, the underground saline pearl brilliantly illuminated
Magnificent chambers chiselled out in rock salt. Amazing underground saline lakes, majestic timber constructions and unique statues sculpted in salt. Almost 3 kilometres of meandering corridors, 800 steps to climb of which 350 have to be descended to reach the depth of 135 meters underground.
You'll learn about the mine history and its secrets. About the forces of nature ruling within the depths of the mine, about the ethos of hard work performed by the generations of miners. Travelling further and further into the mine chasm you'll discover unusual places and see with your own eyes the power of human hands that once excavated rock salt, as well as magnificent mining tools and machines.
For grownups and the little ones. With your family or a group of friends. A leisurely trip or an exciting adventure. Everybody will find something for himself at the “Wieliczka” Salt Mine.
PRICE PER PERSON: from €35
AVAILABILITY: Our tours are usually available daily throughout a year except some public holidays. Reservation is required.
TOUR DURATION: 5-6 hours (subject to weather and road conditions)
DEPARTURE TIME: Set between 8am and 9am (depending on the time of year)
DEPARTURE PLACE: We offer a convenient hotel/residence pick-up. Please forward details of your accommodation when making a booking.
Adults: €41 (169 PLN)
Children and students: €36 (149 PLN)
Children (under 4): €19 (80 PLN)
Family (2+2): €138 (566 PLN)
Included in the price: Transfer * English speaking driver/guide * Tickets for visiting The Salt Mine
BOOKINGS: Please contact us before making a booking to check availibility. Only confirmed reservations are valid. You can book by phone (+48 536 281 820), email: email@example.com , or by booking form below.
PLEASE NOTE: The tour will take place when a minimum number of 4 travelers is reached.
PAYMENTS: Cash - accepted on the tour date and collected by our guide. No pre-payment required.
- Travel time from Rabka to Wieliczka is approx. 60 minutes
- The average time needed to complete the route together with visiting the Krakow Saltworks Museum is approximately 3 hours
- The visit is always conducted under the supervision of a guide.
- Please bring warm clothing. Temperature underground ranges between 14° and 16° C.
- There are 800 steps to climb of which 350 at the beginning take you down into the mine. Wear comfortable shoes.
- If you'd like to take photos and make films you need to buy a permit at the ticket desk.